Past Life Forum

Go Back   Past Life Forum > Discussion Area > Reincarnation Questions

Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
katrien

Fascination to a region based on DNA or PL's?

Well I don't know if this dissaproves my belief in the "eastern european" past life I posted about in this thread, but I got my Dna test results this morning and they eerily explain my obsession with Eastern Europe which ive posted abt frequently on this forum.my results were almost entirely slavic/eastern european countries.Perhaps it was genetic memory?

DNA Tribes Analysis Results - Native and Global Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Serbia (96)789.34,Lodz Poland (92)491.46,Bucharest Romania(93) 378.98,Bosnia(92)324.59,Slovenia (91)315,275.45,Poladsie,Northeast Poland(87)270.8 the rest all in the 250's are (92)Hungary,South East Poland,Belarus.
nean

DNATribes Test/Analysis World Region Strong/Strongest Matches Results were:
192.72 Eastern European,
136.6 Northwesterm European,
85.69 Mediterranean,
46.40 Finno-Ugrian.
katrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Karoliina
Moderator Emerita

Hello Katrien,

I'm not very familiar with dna tests, but I think they sound fascinating, and from what I've heard the results are often surprising, in that you can't tell them beforehand by ethnicity or ancestry.

Sorry I can't discuss this further for lack of knowledge, but thanks for sharing, it really is interesting!

Karoliina
Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Sunniva
Administrator Emeritus

Hi Katrien,

Thanks for sharing! It's very exciting that you have done this
Although I do agree that the results are intriguing I don't think it excludes PL memories.

I don't know any theories concerning genetic memories (I'm sure there are some), so I can say anything about that.

Quote:
I should say that I have no known Eastern European Ancestors and that im mixed race from Southern Africa.So I really dont know how this is possible.
This I can say something about though. The results of your test is not your immediate ancestry, but depicts which haplo-group you're part of. Haplo-groups are the genetic map of the world, which has been created through thousands of years, so your 'ancestry' with Eastern Europe may go back hundreds or even thousands of years. One movement of genetic groups around Europe for instance is traced back to the end of the last Ice Age. European expansions through time also counts for the spread of European haplogroups to non-european countries.

Recently a research programme did an DNAtest on the populations in Scandinavia to see how much we had in common genetically. It turned out that it wasn't very much. I can't remember the exact results, but although historically we have more in common with Sweden, Denmark was genetically connected to haplogroups in Germany.
You can read more about all this here
Sunniva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
katrien

Thanks.I do actually know alot abt Anthropology - the test is Autosomal not a haplogroup based Y or Mtdna Test.It combines the ancestry of both my parents,and the global results indicate recent genetic ties.The (96) beside it indicates that my result was higher than 96% of their samples.

I have only ever felt an affinity with Eastern Europe and had thought it was PL related for the last ten years.

Last edited by katrien; 01-28-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: spelling.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
Sunniva
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
the test is Autosomal not a haplogroup based Y or Mtdna Test
I see I'm sorry I misunderstood you.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
wrinkle

Very interesting Katrien. For what is worth, just in case you don't know, there is a significant minority Hungarian population in northern part of Serbia called Vojvodina.
wrinkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
katrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkle View Post
Very interesting Katrien. For what is worth, just in case you don't know, there is a significant minority Hungarian population in northern part of Serbia called Vojvodina.
Will look into that serbia borders hungary,hungary has always been the country I felt most affinity for.I had tried to understand why for years.My results for Hungary were relatively high 234.02(92) and Budapest Hungary 232.79(88)

perhaps my ancestors were hungarian serbs,either way I know of no such ancestors,all my documented lines are for the UK.

It amazes me that I could have sensed a connection with the area even as child.I am having something of an indentity crisis now because I have always indentified as 'mixed race' but had only 1.78 result for south africa.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
katrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoliina View Post
Katrien, I agree with Sunniva that even though you found this interesting information about your ancestry, it doesn't mean you couldn't have PL's in the region. I personally think it's very likely you have spent past lifetimes there, too.

Karoliina
I agree I don't think it rules it out,my strong affection for the area could relate to an ancestral and spiritual/PL history there.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #9
Equestrienne7
Occasional visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrien View Post
Well I don't know if this dissaproves my belief in the "eastern european" past life I posted above, but I got my Dna test results this morning and they eerily explain my obsession with Eastern Europe which ive posted abt frequently on this forum.Perhaps it was genetic memory?
I should say that I have no known Eastern European Ancestors and that im mixed race from Southern Africa.So I really dont know how this is possible.
Katrien - I'd love to have this test done and find out all of my own current genetic background - can you share the name of the lab who did the testing for you?
Equestrienne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #10
Equestrienne7
Occasional visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunniva View Post
This I can say something about though. The results of your test is not your immediate ancestry, but depicts which haplo-group you're part of. Haplo-groups are the genetic map of the world, which has been created through thousands of years, so your 'ancestry' with Eastern Europe may go back hundreds or even thousands of years. One movement of genetic groups around Europe for instance is traced back to the end of the last Ice Age. European expansions through time also counts for the spread of European haplogroups to non-european countries.
Re: Haplo-groups - if interested, you may consider participating in the National Geographic Society's genographic program (see link) which will tell you your DEEP ancestry - not where your ancestors were from 400 years ago, but thousands. This also helps them in their research as well as provides you with information. I did it and found it interesting, however as a woman the test was only able to trace ancestry along my matralinial line.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph.../en/index.html
Equestrienne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #11
katrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equestrienne7 View Post
Katrien - I'd love to have this test done and find out all of my own current genetic background - can you share the name of the lab who did the testing for you?
dnatribes.com
Old 01-31-2009, 03:56 AM   #12
Sunniva
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
I did it and found it interesting, however as a woman the test was only able to trace ancestry along my matralinial line.
Just a quick comment It's very interesting and I may look into it. What you're describing sounds like mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), which is what women passes on. In archaeology mtDNA is the only relevant DNA-type, because it's stored differently in the body than the other types of DNA and is thus more likely to be preserved through thousands of years.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
katrien

Thanks for the seperate thread, there is also 23andme they test even more markers but its quite expensive,I did the 15 marker test which usually gives lower scores[50-120] but got high results.

After reading some other peoples results im starting to think im adopted.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
Sunniva
Administrator Emeritus

Before you consider that, Katrien - read this article:

Autosomal genetic testing
Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
W.A. HEART

Great article, Sunniva! Thanks!

This is a subject that makes me very curious and also one that I know very little of. I think it is fascinating to know how our ancestry has molded us genetically!

Katrien, may I ask why you decided to take this test?
- Leonard Cohen
W.A. HEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
katrien

I do think autosomal tests are more comprehensive and accurate then y or mtdna tests which look at one ancestor 30,000 years ago and are taken from only one parent.

I took the test because there is alot of my ancestry I dont know abt and because I love pre/ancient history.I was not suprised when I got the eastern euro results because I had always felt a very strong tie to the region which I had thought was PL related.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #17
katrien

I was talking to someone else abt this today and will quote them:

"Your genes come from your parents but also from your past lives. All of the things you learned in the past is found in your dna. It is likely that you have spent much of one or more of your past lives there.Meditation will allow you to begin to see yourself in a new light, and will allow you to see things as they are. I will recommend a book called The Pleiadian Workbook."

Do you think this is actually a possiblity that some of your past lives remain biologically within your dna somehow? I had thought maybe all these eastern european matches are coming from my mothers german ancestry but she doesnt have a great deal of german ancestry.

These are my scores again :
Global and Native Strongest Matches Results:
Serbia 789.34,Lodz Poland 491.46,Bucharest Romania 378.98,Bosnia 324.59,Slovenia 315,Poladsie,Northeast Poland 270.8,Serbia and Montenegro 260.19,the rest all in the 250's are Hungary,South East Poland,Belarus.

World Region Strong/Strongest Matches Results : 192.72 Eastern European

the areas where I thought I had a PL were in Hungary/Russia/Romania.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #18
Charles Stuart

This is a fascinating topic and one well worth considering.

I believe most here know of my belief/knowledge of having been Prince Charles Edward Stuart in one of my past lifetimes. My father gave me my name after him because I was born in Scotland and my whole life has been full of connections and associations with this past life.

The "Stuart" of my family name, via my maternal grandfather's mother, I was able to trace back, with a degree of certainty, as far as an ancestor of mine by the name Angus Dow Stuart, who resided in a place called Auchnahyle, which is in Banffshire in the Scottish Highlands. Interestingly enough, I found a record of his in "The Jacobites of North East Scotland" as a soldier in the Jacobite army under Bonnie Prince Charlie in 1745.

Many of the "memories" that I have of that lifetime certainly could not be associated to "genetic memory", but seeing as most of the "True Stuarts" are descended from King Robert II Stewart, whose mother was King Robert the Bruce's daughter Marjorie and whose father was Walter the 6th High Steward of Scotland, my genetic inheritance would now be the same, via one line, to the genetic inheritance that I had in another lifetime.

It has left me wondering as to how much association there might indeed be between reincarnation and DNA/genetics...
Charles Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #19
Cloacina

Just wanted to thank you Sunniva for sharing the autosomal info. link. I am into genealogy and appreciated the information.

And I want to say to Charles,

I am not a Stuart/Stewart, but it is in my family tree, and my Stewart ancestors are from Scotland. By the way, everytime I see you post, it touches me because of your current avatar.
Cloacina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #20
Charles Stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloacina View Post
By the way, everytime I see you post, it touches me because of your current avatar.
Hi Cloacina,

Why is that?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
Charles Stuart

Did I embarass you, Cloacina?

I promised my wife, Anna Paula, that I would one day make a painting of her. I made this little one which I have been using as my Avatar in pastel.

For those who have British ancestry and are interested in ancestry genealogical search, I found this site to be the best to get started:

www.ancestry.co.uk

It contains access to various records including the British census records from 1841 to 1901.

Love to all,

Charles
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #22
katrien

i'm a regular reader of that blog and that entry is from 2007 weve come a long way since then.I am currently waiting for my results from 23andme.com which looks at 580,000 markers on your genome, it's one of the best methods to get some idea of your own random inherited ancestry [besides convential genealogy].
There are specific alelles [snps and strs] that belong to certain ethnic groups and not to others and that is all we are looking at in these tests.

Dnatribes looks at where your "blend" of ancestry is most common,it's not always direct ancestry and its only a tiny part of your genome not at all representative of your entire ancestry.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #23
Charles Stuart

Hi Katrien,

I just wanted to comment that "genetic memory" might not necessarily be the case of your "memories/impressions" as to a possible past life. You might indeed be genetically connected, such as in my case, but as I said regarding my memories, this does not necessarily mean they are "genetic".

Good luck in your searches!

Charles
Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #24
Nightrain

I would like to reawaken this thread for the purpose of a concept that has rattled around in my head for some time. This has to do with the relationship between reincarnation and genealogy (DNA). When I was busy examining the relation between genealogy, reincarnation and astrology some years ago, I surmised that a person might have to wait for a host body that would be best suited to their personality and path in life. It seemed natural that a person would retain the essence of their unique identity, and, therefore, would come into the world in such a way that would be reflected in their astrological chart. Leaving astrology out of the equation, it still seems that a person's DNA would, in most cases reflect one's character and personality from life to life.

There are examples, however, of cases that have been researched by Dr. Ian Stevenson; in which the person's past life would have absolutely no correlation to the culture one is born into. Dr. Stevenson compiled the cases of 24 Burmese children who claimed to have been Japanese soldiers who died there during the war. Common traits included a liking for raw fish and grumbling about the heat. Clearly these would be cases in which DNA had nothing to do with reincarnation.

On the other hand, there are cases in which the physical characteristics and personalities of individuals match those of deceased personalities. It would seem that the DNA of such individuals would have to closely match those of the deceased personalities; which leaves us with the question: What part does DNA play in regards to reincarnation?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #25
Charles Stuart

Hi Nightrain,

I think the question should be: how much does the Soul/Consciousness influence in the elaboration/creation of our DNAs? One of the hardest questions to answer, I believe...

I, for one, know that I hold a genealogical descendency which is the same as the one from my life as Charles Stuart via James IV, but I cannot envisage one with, for instance, my past life as the son of a slave at a farm in 19th century Brazil...
Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #26
katrien

Just wanted to update with my latest results this time I had half a million dna markers analyzed at decodeme.com - much bigger autosomal coverage.

My top score was with the Russians at 81.06% and the Uyghurs at 81.07% match [100kb].I know there are some here who already hold to the idea of generational or ancestral reincarnation.

I 'm not sure what has been written about this idea?